Thursday, October 19, 2017

Sunday Morning Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes

Lemon poppy seed pancakes?

Ok... I'll bite.

I found this recipe on Allrecipes submitted by TTV78. I wanted something different for breakfast, it's not like I eat breakfast that much to begin with but I wanted something other than bacon and eggs. This little gem caught my eye. I guess I got the inspiration for pancakes when I was out East. Yeah - we went to Ihop one morning.

First of all, I need to say... I suck at making pancakes from scratch. They never seemed to poof up like they would if I were using a pancake mix. Perhaps it was always because of my using older baking powder and baking soda? Who knows. All I know is that these particular pancakes did poof a bit and were quite tasty!

For those of you who don't like lemon in or on anything except fish - you know who you are.
There is such a faint lemon flavor in these, you can barely taste it; which to me is absolutely perfect. I think the lemon gave a pop to the pancakes without being an overwhelming flavor.

The poppy seeds? Well, I'm not sure if I could taste those or not. What exactly is a poppy seed supposed to taste like? Is there a flavor? Or is it just something that gets stuck in your teeth?

But at any rate, here is my version of this pancake recipe and I hope all of my readers (ok, the two of you) will try this and let me know in the comments section what YOU thought of them!

Let's start a conversation!


No comments:

Post a Comment