Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Balsamic Roast Italian Chicken

Sometimes I take my food inspiration from my friends, as was the case with this recipe. While talking to Rich, he reminded me of roasting chickens in the Crock-Pot. I wanted something a little different to my taste buds and this Balsamic Roast Italian Chicken on GeniusKitchen from WickegoodMaine looked a bit different than the same old, same old that I usually make.

One thing I was missing with this chicken was the crispy skin roasting in an oven would obtain. That makes me wonder if this can be accomplished using the Crock-Pot. It looks like I will have to do some research on that because I really would love to have the crispy skin.

However, that being said, this chicken came out of the cooker nice and juicy. As you can see by the picture, I separated the skin from the bird and the recipe says to use a spoon to spread the balsamic mixture between the meat and skin but I did it the easy way... set the bird up on end and dumped the mixture in between.

The flavor was phenomenal with the combination of herbs and vinegar and it definitely gave me the "something different" I was looking for. Quite yummy!

Try it for yourself and let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment