Monday, October 16, 2017

Easy Pita Bread

Yes, I know... my photo of the Easy Pita Bread doesn't look appetizing... but I can tell you, the flavor was spot on!

The main thing working against me while making these pitas was that I used a toaster oven. That meant only baking one at a time. The other thing was trying to get them into the toaster oven without burning my hands... hey! you try handling a soft disk of dough and see how easy it is!

It's a magical adventure!

I will say, though, that this pita recipe submitted by Bitsie on the Genius Kitchen is a definite "try and try again" recipe because the flavor and texture were absolutely wonderful. Light and chewy - as a pita should be. Perhaps I will make them a little smaller next time and try to figure a way of getting them into the toaster oven without disfiguring them.

Besides... you can top these things with ANYTHING! Want a gyro? Poof - DONE! Want a pizza? Poof - DONE! Want a taco? Poof - well, you get the picture! I was going to use tomatoes, onion, black olives, the gyro meat that I made, and feta cheese but it was simply too late in the evening to want to mess with any of that. Instead, I only topped the one ( half of one, really) I tried with the meat, black olives, and the cucumber sauce I made to go with them.

Check it out and let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment