Saturday, October 7, 2017

Bacon Balls in Broth

Yes... that is exactly what it says - and I thought the same thing!! I would think a better name for them would be 'dumplings' but hey, I didn't name them!  This is how I used up the last bit of homemade Italian bread I made, the leftover beef broth, and the three-quarter can of carrots I had in the fridge. Good thinking, huh?! HAT TRICK!!

I admit, I have never had much luck with any type of dumpling, least of all a dumpling made with breadcrumbs. They always turned out gritty. Perhaps this is because I always used the breadcrumbs in the containers. This time however... I succeeded in making light, fluffy dumplings and the flavor in these was superb! They had just the right combination of bacon, onion and chive flavor and nothing overpowered the other; not to mention the carrots in the boiling broth added another layer of yummy flavor. It seems this would be a good, hearty dish to make when you are sick.

I suggest trying these Bacon Balls in Broth
ey are definitely worth it!






No comments:

Post a Comment