Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Bacon Cheddar Chive Muffins

I know I get excited when something turns out tasting incredible. These Bacon Cheddar Chive Muffins. O.M.G.!! I could just hug Shelley over at Allrecipes right now. These are definitely the "BOMB" as my bestie, Nancy, likes to say.


I tried one right out of the toaster oven (I cut this recipe down to make six) and I was completely blown away with how delicious they were. They are extreme cheesy, bacon goodness! Soft to boot, as well! They sort of remind me of *GASP* Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits! (If those had bacon in them)

I made a couple of minor changes. The one thing I changed was - I used more bacon. What doesn't taste better with bacon?! Seriously?! The other thing was that instead of using veggie oil, I used the bacon grease. Why waste oil when the grease accomplishes the same thing. Plus, as I said - everything tastes better with bacon!

I know, I know... that's fat and cholesterol and all that jazz, but you know what? You only live once and so long as you don't eat them all at once - have at it! Moderation is key!

I'd also like to share a little trick. When I cut the recipe down, it called for half an egg. Here's a tip - break an egg into a measuring cup, beat it with a fork, then measure out half of that. There's your half an egg. Works like a charm!! I put the other half in a zip-lock and threw it in the freezer. Now I have half an egg for another use later on. ;)

But without further adieu... here's what it looked like:


No comments:

Post a Comment