Thursday, October 5, 2017

Bacon, Onion and Cheddar Dip

My biggest thought about this Bacon, Onion and Cheddar Dip is that it's not a dip. The consistency of it is more like a cheese ball. It does however, invoke fun memories of what seems to be a lifetime ago.

I used to make different flavors of cheese balls when my dad was still alive when we had holiday gatherings at my parents house. My particular favorites were always the salmon ones... easy to make and even better to eat. Those days are long gone and I don't attend events that I have the opportunity to make such delicious snacks. So for me to even have made this... is a rare treat.

This recipe in particular, if you love onions; this one is for you. I do like onions but found it a bit overpowering so the next time I make this, I will reduce the onion flakes. I also think that I will increase the sour cream and reduce the cheddar cheese to make it more of a dip as the recipes says it is.

But you know... the sky is the limit to recipes like these and I will make this one again. However, I will doctor it a bit to my own liking.

Here is my version to check out!



No comments:

Post a Comment