Saturday, October 14, 2017

Cheesy Potato Corn Soup

If you might remember from a previous post, I was recently out near Philly visiting my friend Nance. What I didn't say in that post was that my friends Rich and Tim also joined us for a few days. We spent some time in a few thrift stores and these little clay soup bowls were spotted. I didn't pick them up because they were what I call a "want" and not a "need" and I certainly didn't need them. However, on my way to the train station, Nance surprised me with this thoughtful and beautiful gift and told me that the three of them conspired against me... thus - the soup bowls are mine. :)

I know people usually make French Onion Soup in these things but since I already made that a month or so ago, I settled for this Cheesy Potato Corn Soup submitted by Meghan on GeniusKitchen. It made a nice amount of soup that I'll be eating for a few days. I'm not sure about freezing since it's a "cream"-based soup (even though it's actually milk).

I really like it. I think the cheese really made the soup shine. The next time I make it, I think I will add more corn and maybe some bacon - just to add variance to the dish. Serve it with a nice, crusty bread and you have a hit!






No comments:

Post a Comment