Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Homemade Pepperoni!!

In August 2010 after I started this blog, I stumbled upon this recipe for homemade Pepperoni on the Morton Salt website. I made it once back then and considering I will be back on a train soon, I thought it would be a good little snack for the trip.

This is a quick (sort of) way of making the pizza topper everyone loves: just mix everything up, chill overnight and then bake at a low temperature. That's it. No casings, no endless shoving meat through a grinder. Nothing. I find it a simple way for home cooks who don't want to get into meat processing; either due to time, money, or interest, and want a neat trick to try... this is it.

The basic ingredient for this pepperoni that is a must-have is TenderQuick. This is a product blend that has sugar, salt, and other added ingredients to aid in preserving and tenderizing meat quickly - hence the name. It's also something I still have a ton of, so much to my original post on this subject, I really need to use this stuff up.





No comments:

Post a Comment