Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Cucumber Yogurt Sauce for Gyros

Pretty close!!

This recipe for cucumber yogurt sauce I found on Genius Kitchen by Shaye... OMG! YUMMY!

It tastes like what's on the gyros when you buy them from a food vendor... or the frozen isle at the grocery store. Absolutely delicious!!

Two things I did different with this... and yes I realize I just said that it was an exact replica. It was until I made an herb adjustment. I didn't realize the cucumbers had to be pulverized in the food processor so I only chopped them fine. I think by pulverizing the cucumber, the flavor of it would be much more intense. Lesson for next time. I also added some chopped chive just to kick it up a tiny notch.

All in all though, I have more Greek yogurt in the fridge so you can bet I'll be using this on everything and making more within the next week!

I thank Nance for sending me down this Greek path! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment