Saturday, October 21, 2017

Old Fashioned Chicken and Dumplings


I was looking for a chicken and dumplings recipe that sort of matched what Nancy made while I was there and I found this one submitted to Allrecipes by Karena. I need to be clear on my recollection of chicken and dumplings. Dumplings to me are NOT noodles. They're airy balls of yummy deliciousness cooked on top of the broth! There. I said it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I made a few changes to the recipe. First, I didn't have celery so I used celery flakes. I also added some garlic. I skipped the "gravy" part and added a can of cream of celery while I had the chicken out of the pot cooling on the bone.

After reading the dumpling part of the recipe I decided to use a different recipe for those. This Herbed Dumplings recipe submitted  by Ronna is the one I used. I omitted the herbs listed and used parsley, garlic powder, and chives in mine.

While I definitely didn't get the same flavor as Nancy had in hers, these two recipes, as she would put it, were... the BOMB!

Try them for yourself! You won't be disappointed! Also... LET ME KNOW in the comments below!!




No comments:

Post a Comment