Sunday, October 29, 2017

Barbeque Sauerkraut Bake

This Barbeque Sauerkraut Bake from Julie R on Genius Kitchen was an interesting combination. You wouldn't think the combination of sauerkraut and chicken barbeque would actually go together. I am here to tell you that it actually does... and quite nicely, in fact! I used the leftover balsamic roast chicken I made the other day and chopped it up in bits and pieces.

The BBQ sauce for this is homemade but you can definitely use your favorite bottled sauce if you so desire. I made the recipe as is. I kind of wish I had homemade sauerkraut as nothing store-bought comes close to my homemade stuff. It's nice and tart as sauerkraut should be. I used the jarred stuff for this.

That being said, I hope you try it out and let me know... it may sound totally gross but it is definitely delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment