Tuesday, September 26, 2017

New England Clam Chowder

Could there be a chowder better than New England Clam Chowder?

Sometimes I wonder. The version I made tonight was almost exact to the recipe and I thank CalNRachel for contributing it to Food.com.

The recipe says that it is a low fat version - I'm going to assume that's because it uses low-fat milk? I think I went a little further and used soy milk; not by reason of cutting fat but because I don't like milk. In other words, if I buy regular milk, it just goes to waste because it doesn't get used quick enough. This stuff comes in a box on a regular grocery store shelf and isn't refrigerated.

The effect here was the same as regular chowder (regardless of kind). The chowder was thick (cornstarch is a wonderful thing!), and it was flavorful. The taste of clams was obvious but not overpowering. I wanted some chunk in the potatoes so I left them whole. They were small enough that they cooked quick and were tender by the time the chowder thickened up.

This chowder is a keeper!

Check it out and make it yourself!! There won't be a disappointment!

Looks good, doesn't it?! Don't you wish you had "smell-a'vision"?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment