Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Mom's Salmon Mousse - Not MY Mom's, though!!

Actually, I don't know if my mom has ever made a salmon mousse. I'll have to ask her. I know this is a first for me. I have done salmon cakes and salmon croquettes but never a mousse but I found this Mom's Salmon Mousse recipe and thought I'd check it out. As always, my thanks goes out to Terri Otteni for sharing the recipe on Allrecipes.

I admit, I was expecting this to turn out entirely different. I thought it would be more than an inch high. I thought it would be light and airy - like a mousse. Maybe I did something wrong but I followed the recipe exact.

The flavor, though, it was tasty. I actually liked it. I think it would be great toasted between two slices of bread with cheese. That would make a good lunch. A sandwich with this plus a bowl of the New England Clam Chowder I made.

Here's what my version looked like:


No comments:

Post a Comment