Sunday, September 10, 2017

"Amazing Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs and Potatoes" Recipe Review

I remember years ago having a computer program that I could plug my pantry items in and get a recipe - this was back in the early days of Windows operating systems. Back in the days of 3.25" floppy discs... yeah, remember those??

Anyhow, a few months ago I wanted the same type of thing with the minimal amount of items I had on hand. I was looking for variety in my food since I was tired of the same things all the time. I figured there had to be websites out there in today's day and age that would serve the same function as that old computer program. 

So I found this website: www.supercook.com. which is a reverse search engine. Basically all you do is register (which you have to do in order for your pantry to be saved) and then once you enter all your pantry items, it gives you all the delicious recipes you can make with those ingredients. Pretty neat, huh?! I think so!! :)

This morning I used the site to find a recipe for bone-in chicken thighs and found this one:
Amazing Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs and Potatoes. It is rated five stars and looked pretty good. Shout out to Marie for contributing it to www.food.com!

Incidentally, since this revived blog will encompass my own creations plus others' online recipes, I will be throwing in the links as needed and crediting where it is deserved. 

I figured since I had all the ingredients (obviously, supercook told me I did), I would try this out. Of course since I love garlic so much, I definitely added more. I also added a sprinkle of parsley over the top before placing it into my toaster oven. But everything else is identical to the recipe. My two tiny changes aren't going to change the flavor dramatically. 

But here it is:


I will have to say... absolutely DELICIOUS!! The chicken was nice and moist. The skin crispy. The potatoes were cooked to perfection. My little toaster oven with the convection feature did pretty well! This is definitely one to keep in my files... and YOU should add it TOO!! 

YUM! 



No comments:

Post a Comment