Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Eggnog Cake

Suffice it to say, I bombed a recipe!!

Hey! At least I OWN it!! 

Point being, I know exactly what I did to make this Eggnog Cake not taste very well. I also should note that I absolutely LOVE eggnog, so I'm disappointed in myself for this failure.

I would, however, recommend trying it for yourself to see if it works for you. I know I will definitely try it again minus my mistake, which I will get to so nobody else repeats it. I do want to thank "whatcity" for sharing it on the Allrecipes site.

As I was casually browsing the Supercook site, this recipe caught my eye. I thought that since the coffee cake recipe was such a huge success, I'd try this one out as well. 

My botching sort of went like this: I added pineapple rum and I added TOO much! Ok, so that's NOT what the recipe called for. I didn't have regular rum so I figured this would add a nice fruity kick to an eggnog cake... boy was I totally WRONG! 

I tasted it after it came out of the toaster oven... not good! Drizzling a little maple syrup over it made it palatable, lol. I actually believe this one might end up feeding the squirrels outside.

But like I said - this was MY major "foo-paw" and I will definitely try this again using the correct ingredients at some point. Maybe for Christmas and take it to Grandma's to make guinea pigs out of the family, lol. It's a thought! LOL!






No comments:

Post a Comment