Monday, August 16, 2010

Taco soup...


Ok, so I come to finally posting about the taco soup...

Something so simple, a college student could make this in their dorm if they had a crock pot... Just ground beef and some canned goods is all it takes... However, my spin, I followed the directions exactly, it turned out fantastic, but I topped it with some cheese and sour cream. Had I had chives here, those would have been a good garnish as well.

I'm supposing this stuff will freeze well, considering what is in it... you wouldn't think that those few things would fill up the cooker, but it did. I don't want any of it to go bad, so I'm going to divide it up into one person portions and freeze. Good idea on my lack of budget, lol.

The soup itself, has a great bold taco flavor... sort of reminiscent of real tacos. I even used tortillas to serve with also. It was robust, a bit on the medium side of the heat scale. Not too hot, but not too mild either. Very good this way. I do have to say. You get the taste of the corn, beans, burger and tomato in every bite. Very good. Very well balanced in the flavor.

Something to definitely make again someday... Would be a very good winter soup to make, as it's hearty and not very thin... almost on the side of a chili.

I'm thinking it would be good with chicken instead of beef as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment