Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pasta Surprise


There are millions of ways that you can make pasta... and being tired of just the same old plain spaghetti with red sauce or cold spaghetti salad. I looked around the fridge and pantry to see what I could find to make something a little different for tonight's dinner.

This is what I came up with...

I had some kielbasa in the freezer and I boiled, drained and cut it into pieces. Next I cooked up some onions and garlic to soften them up.

I boiled the mostaccioli noodles while the onion/garlic combo was cooking.

I drained the pasta, and to the empty pot I added: the cooked onions and garlic, parmesan cheese, mushrooms, kielbasa, green olives, a can of diced tomatoes, leftover pizza sauce and spaghetti sauce.

For spices, I added, ground chipotle, salt and pepper, ground cinnamon, ground mustard, basil, oregano and parsley.

Add the pasta back in, and viola! Dinner is served.

It was pretty good, even though it sounds pretty bad, lol. The flavors combine perfect into a hearty dish. I'll probably make something like this again someday, now that I have put it out here for all posterity.

No comments:

Post a Comment