Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Simple Mexican Rice

I switched this Simple Mexican Rice recipe up that I found on Allrecipes by Elizabeth 101 and made it a meal.

The leftover meat mixture I made for the Really Deep Dish Pizza recipe, I used for this. I found that it was a good way of using up leftover ingredients that were already cooked. Besides, I wasn't going to make another pizza.

The process of baking this rice was interesting to me. I wasn't sure it was going to work with the amount of liquid the recipe called for... it did. The rice turned out fluffy and didn't stick to itself as in most times I cook rice. I guess I haven't quite figured that one out yet.

But at any rate, this recipe was simple and delicious. It was a nice change from the ordinary... but then again - since when have I been making anything out of the ordinary for me lately.

Enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment