Saturday, March 10, 2012

Updates and New England Clam Chowder

How far I have come since the last time I posted to this blog. I'm reviving it because of a PR class requirement and that's good because I love to write. I also love food, which was the purpose of this to begin with.

There have been many ups and downs since the last post I made here and I've taken them all in stride. I am now into my last year of college and what an adventure it's been. I've made some really good friends, had some spectacular classes and am looking forward to making the dean's list as a full-time student for the first time this semester. Anxiously awaiting, lol.

So my food musing for right now would be this:

I grew up loving a specific brand of New England Clam Chowder. No name mentions here, I'm not their PR rep. There are now cheaper brands on the market and those are the ones I migrate to. While they don't have the same comfort food taste that I was so accustomed to, a few little additions can really make them shine.

So, if you want to try this, grab your trusty can opener and take a trip into my kitchen. Into your pot will go the chowder. Then, picture this: add a can of drained clams, your trusty dollar store should have them cheap, add a touch of salt, and for an extra zip for lunch today, I added a sprinkle of smoked paprika. Yummy stuff, gives the illusion and hint of bacon.

Try it, I'll bet you're going to like it!

Sorry, no pictures here for this, it's already down the hatch, lol.

So as I sit here on the first official day of spring break 2012, I look forward to hopefully educating and amusing whoever out there in cyberspace feels my blog is worth a look.





No comments:

Post a Comment