Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lent

You know, I'm not Catholic.

But I have to say... those people in the churches around here are terrific cooks.

I went for a Lent dinner after classes last night with a couple of friends, and I have to say, I was completely impressed with the way the food tasted. Hell, I was impressed with how they ran entire operation.

First you tell someone which meal you want (I think there were five or six choices), they highlight it on a sheet and give it to you. Then you pay for it at the next 'station'. Next is the food line, you hand the paper to the first person, and down the line it goes. Grab a tray and you move too... Pretty neat. You also had a choice of deserts.

My choice: Baked crusted cod, haluski, green beans, salad, a dinner roll, iced tea, and a small piece of white cake.

The entire dinner was only 921 calories, and let me tell you, this was a LOT of food. I was stuffed!

I was also surprised to see one of my favorite professors there. I think more surprised that she was working as a server. Well, not really working, but volunteering her time. It's great to see them take the time out of their busy school schedules to do something they love.

It was definitely a good meal, with great company, and even included a nice 15 minute walk to burn off some cals, lol.

I do believe I'll be making a dinner trip over there this coming Friday. :)

I'll be sure to take a picture of the food next time! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment