Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Culinary Creations...

Lately, I've been playing around with different foods in the kitchen. I love to cook and experiment with new things. Trying to get past the boring everyday ways of cooking simple things.

A few years ago I bought a pizza stone and never used it. Until now. I saw it in the cupboard and thought, oh what the hell. I was going to make some pizza dough and try it. So I did. I found a few websites that told me how to use the stone, so I put it in the oven and was in business.

My first attempt wasn't too bad, although I used the entire piece of dough that I made which made for a very thick pizza. I topped it with pepperoni, cheese, my homemade pizza sauce, mild pepper rings and fresh garlic. It wasn't bad, I just didn't enjoy it being that thick.

My second attempt, I used a third of the dough and topped it with my own garlic/white sauce, shrimp and mushrooms. It was absolutely amazing. I'm glad that I seperated the dough into 3's. The other 2 are in the freezer. Plus the extra sauce, so I can make a homemade pizza anytime I want.

My only drawback is that I don't have any cornmeal and a pizza peel. The peel would be awesome as to getting the pizza's in and out of the oven. That will probably be my next little kitchen purchase (I have most everything else, lol). The cornmeal will work well with the dough not sticking.

I can't wait until my next pizza adventure. I'm sure it will be soon. Grilled pizza, anyone??

I'm thinking maybe some sort of a chicken topped pizza will be next... Guess I'll keep ya posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment