Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Chicken Delight!

Tonight I decided to do some sort of chicken breasts. I've really been getting tired of the same old, same old. I need changes in my everyday foods.

This morning I took a package of bacon out of the freezer to thaw, thinking I was going to just do bacon and eggs for dinner with some home fries. Well, looking at the bacon, and not wanting to wait so long for dinner, I thought of thawing a couple of chicken breasts as well. My idea:

Bacon wrapped chicken and then cooked on the grill. Sounded good to me. So I pounded the breasts flat and then wrapped them each with one piece of bacon. I secured the bacon with water-soaked toothpicks and I was good to go.

After I heated up the grill, I sprinkled the chicken with garlic powder and out to the grill it went. Within 10 minutes, my chicken and the bacon were both cooked to perfection. I was quick with the side dish. I just opened up a can of green beans and threw them into the microwave. Quick, easy and good to the taste. No problem.

Upon taking the chicken off the grill, my first bite into this little food excursion left me with a WOW thought in my head. It was very delicious. I mean, mouth-watering to die for good simple cooking. I'd have to say I was pretty impressed with myself. Which I seem to be doing a lot of that lately in the kitchen.

That's what brought on the thought of starting to blog this. Being a 38 year old journalism major at my local university and wanting to write, I thought... hmmm. maybe I could combine my love of food and my love of writing. I thought it might be a really good combination and my love seemed to agree.

So, we'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment